Père-Lachaise Cemetary

Père Lachaise cemetery was opened May 21, 1804 on the former property of Father François de La Chaise d'Aix, confessor of King Louis XIV from 1675 until his death. This cemetery is as known for being final resting place for many celebrities, as it is known for it's mysteries. It is rumored that black masses are regularly held within the gates of the cemetery, and that certain tombs give direct access to the catacombs.